Friday, October 13, 2006

10.11.06 -- 8:30 AM

The week the students walked out of their classes in Houston Texas, I decided it was time I stopped talking about doing something to change things and actually DO something to change things. I quit my job and picked up a camera. The result was my first documentary, "undocumented."

But the anxiety that continued throughout the course of producing "undocumented" is different than the anxiety that I now feel.

Houston is my city. I was raised there. I have never left there.

I am now alone. No friends. No cash. No contacts. All I have are two men standing by my side whom I didn't know until 24 hours ago.

And while the possibility that I would not finish "undocumented" weighed heavy on me everyday of those six months, I KNOW I will finish this. But the hardships that will come during our 203 Miles will be many. But I won't quit and from what I have gotten to know of Jay, he won't either.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home