Saturday, October 14, 2006

10.11.06 -- 1:30 PM

The Texas Sun is either neutral or for the border wall. It must be or it wouldn't bear down so oppressively on us.

Out of all the things I forgot to bring during the hour of chaotic packing before I set out to Laredo . . . My legs, arms, neck and the top of my bald head are complaining the most. I began wearing a baseball cap this morning. The sun laughed at me and continued to sear the back of my neck. I've abandoned the cap and am now wearing a cowboy hat purchased at a gas station. Jay laughed as if he were surprised I lasted this long when I asked him if we could stop to buy a hat.

A purple and red blister has set in on the bottom of my foot. Jay has one developing too.

My ancient ancestors once roamed through terrain similar to this. And they bore no shoes, no wide-brimmed sombreros. All they had was reverence for their Gods. They respected and survived off the land and never caged it or forced it to submit to them.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home