Sunday, October 15, 2006

10.12.06 -- 5:00 PM

I dropped Jay off at his stopping point today. I coasted about 20 feet farther than his exact stopping point. He turned to me and stared, I didn't meet his gaze. When I stopped I looked at him, "Are you trying to make me cheat?" he said.

I reversed 20 feet and let him out.

You can't help but admire him. Despite his stubborness. His every step sends a shot of pain through him forcing him to consume ibuprofen at regular intervals. I walked with him the entire 14 miles the first day. My aching muscles and sunburnt neck persuaded me to pick up my car. I walk only a fraction of the miles he walks a day but the soreness persists, I can only imagine the pain he must feel.

Belinda Flores of the South Texas immigration counsil joined us today again along with two friends.

I forgot what day it was today. Time has been replaced by distance. All that matters are miles.

Lydia has decided she can't work with Jay.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home